- Religion and politics - The Economist October 24, 2014Religion and politicsThe EconomistHe thinks the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) should crack down harder on churches that meddle in politics. Under American law, churches that explicitly endorse or oppose a political candidate can lose their tax-exempt status, but Mr Silverman thinks ...and more »
- Japanese politics - The Economist October 24, 2014The EconomistJapanese politicsThe EconomistOn October 20th Japan's recently appointed trade and industry minister, Yuko Obuchi, and justice minister, Midori Matsushima, resigned from the cabinet following small infringements of political-funding rules. It is a blow to Shinzo Abe's efforts to ...and more »
- EJ Dionne: The politics of Ebola - Washington Post October 23, 2014Rainbow TimesEJ Dionne: The politics of EbolaWashington PostYou read that right: An investigation by the Boston Globe found that, unlike politicians who go to great lengths to puff up their military backgrounds, Moulton, as the paper's Walter Robinson wrote, “chose not to publicly disclose that he was twice ...Column: It Takes a Hero to Be Humble in Pol […]
- Ebola and politics - The Economist (blog) October 24, 2014Ebola and politicsThe Economist (blog)AMERICA is a deeply divided country. Many countries are. But as Juan Linz, a political scientist, noted in a seminal study on presidential democracy, America's constitution ensures both Congress and the president have some claim to democratic legitimacy.
- The Democrats' Coming Blame Game - Bloomberg October 24, 2014The Democrats' Coming Blame GameBloombergYears of disappointment and tension between Democrats and their president are now on open display as politicians, party leaders and strategists worried about their chances in the midterm elections begin casting about for someone to blame. A party and ...and more »
- Religion and politics - The Economist October 24, 2014
October 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Dwayne on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Immigration Solicitor in Westminister on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Atlanta Cash For Cars on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Jack on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- Dryer Vent Cleaning on Creigh Deeds experiencing a failure to communicate?
- Bill Bartmann on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- The Buzz » Blog Archive » Healthcare Reform: Tyranny of the Minority? « the 28th Amendment on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Bill Bartmann on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Ariana Recidoro on The U.S. needs high-speed rail
- Patrick Huynh on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP