- Urbane development - The Economist (blog) August 1, 2014The Economist (blog)Urbane developmentThe Economist (blog)They are also less hindered by political turf battles and relentless campaigns, so they are more likely to take on the kind of big challenges that daunt federal politicians. This means mayors and governors are busily working to kick-start their ...
- NJ Politics Roundup: Christie pushes for bail reform, travels to New Hampshire - Hunterdon County Democrat August 1, 2014NJ Politics Roundup: Christie pushes for bail reform, travels to New HampshireHunterdon County DemocratN.J. POLITICS ROUNDUP. A collection of political news from the Statehouse and around New Jersey. TRENTON — Gov. Chris Christie had a busy Thursday — with events in two states. The Republican governor started the day in Trenton, where he pushed ...NJ Politic […]
- The politics of candidates' names - Statesman Journal August 1, 2014The politics of candidates' namesStatesman Journal"There was a cultural thing that happened in the 1970s when James Earl Carter ran as Jimmy Carter," said Jim Moore, a political science professor at Pacific University. "He went to court to get on the ballot as Jimmy. Once he did that, a lot of people ...and more »
- Ethnic politics, ethics issues spill over into some judicial races in Miami-Dade - MiamiHerald.com August 1, 2014Ethnic politics, ethics issues spill over into some judicial races in Miami-DadeMiamiHerald.comThe normally staid Miami-Dade judicial elections have so far hosted plenty of intriguing story lines: Miami ethnic politics, some familiar political faces and one candidate dogged by recent ethics probes. In all, there are eight races — with four ...and more »
- Do Politics-Themed Google Searches Predict Stock Activity? - Wall Street Journal August 2, 2014Wall Street JournalDo Politics-Themed Google Searches Predict Stock Activity?Wall Street JournalThe median return for trading based on a collection of politics keywords was 38% above the random strategy. For business-oriented keywords, it was 28%. "Crucially," the scientists write, "we find no robust link between stock-market moves and search […]
- Urbane development - The Economist (blog) August 1, 2014
August 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Dwayne on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Immigration Solicitor in Westminister on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Atlanta Cash For Cars on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Jack on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- Dryer Vent Cleaning on Creigh Deeds experiencing a failure to communicate?
- Bill Bartmann on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- The Buzz » Blog Archive » Healthcare Reform: Tyranny of the Minority? « the 28th Amendment on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Bill Bartmann on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Ariana Recidoro on The U.S. needs high-speed rail
- Patrick Huynh on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP