- Political Rifts Slow US Effort on Climate - New York Times April 15, 2014Political Rifts Slow US Effort on ClimateNew York TimesBut aggressive efforts to tackle climate change have repeatedly collided with political reality in Washington, where some Republicans question the underlying science of global warming and lawmakers' ties to the fossil fuel industry have made them ...
- Money in Politics Is Taxation Without Representation - Huffington Post (blog) April 15, 2014Money in Politics Is Taxation Without RepresentationHuffington Post (blog)Today, April 15, is Tax Day. Most of us will dutifully pay our taxes to a government that no longer represents us. Policy decisions on nearly every issue, regardless of public opinion, are decided in favor of a select few who can afford to write ...
- 'Brigade' Wants to Do to Politics What Napster Did to Music - Motherboard April 16, 2014'Brigade' Wants to Do to Politics What Napster Did to MusicMotherboardSo, it's with some sense of wonder to watch Sean Parker—the outsized personality behind Napster, Facebook, and Spotify—invest in Brigade, a startup aimed at fostering political engagement, especially voter turnout. Indeed, the Valley's libertarian ...and more »
- America's South African future - The Week Magazine April 15, 2014The Week MagazineAmerica's South African futureThe Week MagazineJamelle Bouie has a fine essay exploring what this might mean for American politics: Working at Northwestern University, psychologists Maureen Craig and Jennifer Richeson apply that question to demographic change, and, in particular, to white Americans ...and more »
- Politics this week - The Economist April 12, 2014Politics this weekThe EconomistParliamentary and local elections took place in Indonesia. Exit polls showed that the main opposition party, the Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle, had done worse than expected, given the popularity of Joko Widodo, its candidate for president in ...
- Political Rifts Slow US Effort on Climate - New York Times April 15, 2014
April 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Dwayne on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Immigration Solicitor in Westminister on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Atlanta Cash For Cars on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Jack on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- Dryer Vent Cleaning on Creigh Deeds experiencing a failure to communicate?
- Bill Bartmann on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- The Buzz » Blog Archive » Healthcare Reform: Tyranny of the Minority? « the 28th Amendment on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Bill Bartmann on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Ariana Recidoro on The U.S. needs high-speed rail
- Patrick Huynh on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP