- Hard times for humanists - The Economist (blog) December 11, 2013Hard times for humanistsThe Economist (blog)In the great majority of countries, things are in some respect harder for atheists, humanists and the non-religious than they are for devout fellow-citizens. The extent of this disadvantage can vary a lot: from having to put up with political systems ...
- 'Under a cloud': Dems advance DHS pick despite claims of political favors - Fox News December 11, 2013Politico'Under a cloud': Dems advance DHS pick despite claims of political favorsFox NewsAdding to the controversy, The Washington Times reported overnight that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid reached out to Mayorkas to help speed along visas for foreign investors of a politically connected casino hotel in Las Vegas. But the Senate ...Senate pane […]
- 'Brooklyn Rail' politics editor steps down - Capital New York December 11, 2013'Brooklyn Rail' politics editor steps downCapital New YorkHamm, 47, editor of the Rail's politics coverage, will leave the magazine after the nonprofit releases 20,000 copies of its Dec.-Jan. issue, likely this weekend. (The Rail, which Hamm once delivered to Brooklyn bookstores, bars, cafes, museums, and ...
- Cast Your Vote: The Boston Politics 2013 Awards - Boston magazine's Boston Daily (blog) December 11, 2013Cast Your Vote: The Boston Politics 2013 AwardsBoston magazine's Boston Daily (blog)It's been an exceptionally busy political year in the Boston area, with elections (regular or special) for mayor, city council, US Senate, US Congress, state senate, and two state representatives. It's now time for you—yes, you!—to vote on the Boston ...
- Scholarship and Politics: The Case of Noam Chomsky - New York Times December 10, 2013New York TimesScholarship and Politics: The Case of Noam ChomskyNew York TimesAccordingly, (3) academic work is only tangentially, not essentially, political; politics may attend the formation of academic units and the selection of academic personnel, but political concerns and pressures have no place in the unfolding of ...and more »
- Hard times for humanists - The Economist (blog) December 11, 2013
December 2013 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Dwayne on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Immigration Solicitor in Westminister on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Atlanta Cash For Cars on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Jack on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- Dryer Vent Cleaning on Creigh Deeds experiencing a failure to communicate?
- Bill Bartmann on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- The Buzz » Blog Archive » Healthcare Reform: Tyranny of the Minority? « the 28th Amendment on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Bill Bartmann on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Ariana Recidoro on The U.S. needs high-speed rail
- Patrick Huynh on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP