- French politics - The Economist (blog) March 6, 2014French politicsThe Economist (blog)JUST two weeks before voters go to the polls for the first round of countrywide local elections, the French political right is struggling to assess the fall-out from what has been dubbed “Sarkoleaks”. On March 5th transcripts of private conversations ...and more »
- Originalism: the theory and the politics - Washington Post March 7, 2014Originalism: the theory and the politicsWashington PostEven if it is true, as Eric Posner writes, that “originalism is a political strategy that became attractive because the founding-era meaning of the text coincided (very roughly) with the political goals of conservatives,” at this point it is also a ...
- Turkish politics - The Economist March 8, 2014Turkish politicsThe Economist“WE GAVE you new hospitals, we gave you proper schools,” roars the mayor of Kayseri, Mehmet Ozhaseki. Veiled housewives chant back, “Kayseri is proud of you,” as the mayor boasts of the achievements of the ruling Justice and Development (AK) party at ...and more »
- The IRS's behavior taxes credulity - Washington Post March 8, 2014The IRS's behavior taxes credulityWashington PostIt hopes to nullify with new rules the existing legal right of 501(c)(4) groups, many of which are conservative, to participate in politics. The proposed rules have drawn more than 140,000 comments, most of them complaints, some from liberals wary of ...and more »
- The Dog Whistle Politics of Race, Part II - BillMoyers.com March 8, 2014The Dog Whistle Politics of Race, Part IIBillMoyers.comBILL MOYERS: This week on Moyers & Company, more from Ian Haney López on “Dog Whistle Politics.” STRONG>IAN HANEY LÓPEZ: Democrats have understood, even as early as 1970, race was going to be an effective wedge issue against them.and more »
- French politics - The Economist (blog) March 6, 2014
March 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Dwayne on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Immigration Solicitor in Westminister on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Atlanta Cash For Cars on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Jack on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- Dryer Vent Cleaning on Creigh Deeds experiencing a failure to communicate?
- Bill Bartmann on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- The Buzz » Blog Archive » Healthcare Reform: Tyranny of the Minority? « the 28th Amendment on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Bill Bartmann on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Ariana Recidoro on The U.S. needs high-speed rail
- Patrick Huynh on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP