- Religion and politics - The Economist October 24, 2014Religion and politicsThe EconomistHe thinks the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) should crack down harder on churches that meddle in politics. Under American law, churches that explicitly endorse or oppose a political candidate can lose their tax-exempt status, but Mr Silverman thinks ...and more »
- Ebola and politics - The Economist (blog) October 24, 2014Ebola and politicsThe Economist (blog)AMERICA is a deeply divided country. Many countries are. But as Juan Linz, a political scientist, noted in a seminal study on presidential democracy, America's constitution ensures both Congress and the president have some claim to democratic legitimacy.
- Japanese politics - The Economist October 24, 2014The EconomistJapanese politicsThe EconomistOn October 20th Japan's recently appointed trade and industry minister, Yuko Obuchi, and justice minister, Midori Matsushima, resigned from the cabinet following small infringements of political-funding rules. It is a blow to Shinzo Abe's efforts to ...and more »
- Toxic Partisanship? Bill Clinton Says He Had It Worse Than Obama - New York Times October 24, 2014New York TimesToxic Partisanship? Bill Clinton Says He Had It Worse Than ObamaNew York TimesIn a 2012 interview with The New York Times, Mr. Clinton mentioned the “murder” conspiracy theory in the 1990s, and said of Mr. Obama's tenure: “Nobody has tried to bankrupt him with bogus investigations, so it's not quite as bad. But the political ...The De […]
- One Percent's politics of nothing: Why inequality is absent in these midterms - Salon October 24, 2014SalonOne Percent's politics of nothing: Why inequality is absent in these midtermsSalonBecause I have a reflexive tendency to support any call to acknowledge the role class plays in American politics, I'm glad to see Alter's piece (even if I question Alter's electoral strategy, think he exaggerates Dems' ability to coordinate messagi […]
- Religion and politics - The Economist October 24, 2014
October 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Dwayne on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Immigration Solicitor in Westminister on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Atlanta Cash For Cars on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Jack on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- Dryer Vent Cleaning on Creigh Deeds experiencing a failure to communicate?
- Bill Bartmann on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- The Buzz » Blog Archive » Healthcare Reform: Tyranny of the Minority? « the 28th Amendment on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Bill Bartmann on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Ariana Recidoro on The U.S. needs high-speed rail
- Patrick Huynh on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP