- Politics this week - The Economist June 19, 2013Politics this weekThe EconomistL.K. Advani, a veteran Hindu-nationalist politician in India, resigned from the Bharatiya Janata Party, though he backtracked and rejoined after just one day. He was reportedly upset over the appointment of Narendra Modi (right), the chief minister of ...
- IRS Employee Used Politics Standard Denied by Executive - Bloomberg June 19, 2013NPRIRS Employee Used Politics Standard Denied by ExecutiveBloombergGroups that devoted no more than 49 percent of their activities to politics were deemed acceptable, IRS employee Elizabeth Hofacre told congressional investigators, according to a transcript reviewed by Bloomberg News. Those decisions are at the center ...IRS Staffer: 'What I Did Was Not […]
- Health leader Donald Berwick starts bid for governor - Boston Globe June 18, 2013Health leader Donald Berwick starts bid for governorBoston GlobeAn expert on health care cost and quality but a political novice, Berwick kicked off his maiden run for elective office, becoming the first big-name Democrat to enter what is expected to be a robustly contested race for the Corner Office. Berwick, a 66 ...
- The Reality of Illegal Immigration - Daily Beast June 18, 2013Daily BeastThe Reality of Illegal ImmigrationDaily BeastIf you sucked all the passion and politics out of the illegal-immigration debate, reasonable solutions would be apparent. The majority of Americans believe it is wrong to reward illegal immigrants for breaking the law, which is why so few elected ...John Oliver tackles the politics of immigration reform […]
- Mexican politics get asinine. Feline, too [Video] - Los Angeles Times June 19, 2013Mexican politics get asinine. Feline, too [Video]Los Angeles TimesMexicans fed up with their corrupt and ineffective politicians have mounted tongue-in-cheek campaigns in several cities to get out the vote for their pets or other friendly animals. Election officials are not amused. But the public seems to like it, if ...and more »
- Politics this week - The Economist June 19, 2013
June 2013 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- Immigration Solicitor in Westminister on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Atlanta Cash For Cars on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Jack on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- Dryer Vent Cleaning on Creigh Deeds experiencing a failure to communicate?
- Bill Bartmann on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- The Buzz » Blog Archive » Healthcare Reform: Tyranny of the Minority? « the 28th Amendment on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Bill Bartmann on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Ariana Recidoro on The U.S. needs high-speed rail
- Patrick Huynh on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- J. Tyler Ballance on Children’s book author Ted Kennedy, dead at 77