- Indian politics - The Economist August 22, 2014The EconomistIndian politicsThe EconomistMr Modi's political dominance, however, is not in doubt. His closest acolyte, Amit Shah, a fellow Gujarati and Hindu nationalist, is now president of the BJP. He has just inducted new party leaders, many from the far-right Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh ...and more »
- Some South Korean ferry mourners tire of the politics of closure - Reuters August 22, 2014ReutersSome South Korean ferry mourners tire of the politics of closureReutersFamilies who lost loved ones in the tragedy are demanding accountability from the government, but many have grown weary of strident activists adopting their cause for political ends. The overloaded Sewol capsized and sank on a routine voyage that ...and more »
- The politics and policy of the Ice Bucket Challenge - MSNBC August 21, 2014MSNBCThe politics and policy of the Ice Bucket ChallengeMSNBCIn practically every way that matters, the Ice Bucket Challenge is a great phenomenon. The idea originated as a campaign to raise money and awareness about the fight against Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), and as the summer has progressed, the ...Iowa Politics Insider: Branstad takes icy ALS c […]
- Politics on a Stick; State Fair attracts candidates - KARE August 22, 2014KAREPolitics on a Stick; State Fair attracts candidatesKARETens of thousands of people from across the state of Minnesota converged upon the State Fairgrounds Thursday on opening day, creating an attraction no major politician could resist. The conversations weren't always about politics, but they were one-on ...MacDonald banned from GOP Booth at MN Sta […]
- The indictment of Rick Perry - The Economist August 21, 2014The EconomistThe indictment of Rick PerryThe EconomistThe prosecutor seems to regard the normal cut-and-thrust of politics as a crime. Most lawyers and pundits agree that the case against Mr Perry seems tenuous. But some think the apparent flimsiness of the indictment may prove to be its most ominous aspect.In politics, use criminal law sparinglyAlbuquerque […]
- Indian politics - The Economist August 22, 2014
August 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Dwayne on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Immigration Solicitor in Westminister on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Atlanta Cash For Cars on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Jack on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- Dryer Vent Cleaning on Creigh Deeds experiencing a failure to communicate?
- Bill Bartmann on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- The Buzz » Blog Archive » Healthcare Reform: Tyranny of the Minority? « the 28th Amendment on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Bill Bartmann on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Ariana Recidoro on The U.S. needs high-speed rail
- Patrick Huynh on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP