- Religion and politics - The Economist October 25, 2014Religion and politicsThe EconomistHe thinks the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) should crack down harder on churches that meddle in politics. Under American law, churches that explicitly endorse or oppose a political candidate can lose their tax-exempt status, but Mr Silverman thinks ...and more »
- Pragmatism on Climate Change Trumps Politics at Local Level Across US - New York Times October 24, 2014New York TimesPragmatism on Climate Change Trumps Politics at Local Level Across USNew York TimesWhile politicians are increasingly willing to include environmental messages in their campaigns, many at the national level still steer clear of the politically charged topic of climate change. But in communities across the country where the effects ...
- Japanese politics - The Economist October 24, 2014The EconomistJapanese politicsThe EconomistOn October 20th Japan's recently appointed trade and industry minister, Yuko Obuchi, and justice minister, Midori Matsushima, resigned from the cabinet following small infringements of political-funding rules. It is a blow to Shinzo Abe's efforts to ...and more »
- Ebola and politics - The Economist (blog) October 24, 2014Ebola and politicsThe Economist (blog)AMERICA is a deeply divided country. Many countries are. But as Juan Linz, a political scientist, noted in a seminal study on presidential democracy, America's constitution ensures both Congress and the president have some claim to democratic legitimacy.
- The State of New Hampshire: Politically in Flux - Gallup.com October 25, 2014The State of New Hampshire: Politically in FluxGallup.comWASHINGTON, D.C. -- A hallmark of the current era of politics is that many of the 50 states, indeed a majority of them, have reliable political identities. Their presidential vote is a foregone conclusion, and they typically elect federal officeholders ...and more »
- Religion and politics - The Economist October 25, 2014
October 2014 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Dwayne on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Immigration Solicitor in Westminister on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Atlanta Cash For Cars on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Jack on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- Dryer Vent Cleaning on Creigh Deeds experiencing a failure to communicate?
- Bill Bartmann on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- The Buzz » Blog Archive » Healthcare Reform: Tyranny of the Minority? « the 28th Amendment on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Bill Bartmann on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Ariana Recidoro on The U.S. needs high-speed rail
- Patrick Huynh on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP