- The Power of “Love” in Politics - The New Yorker July 28, 2016The New YorkerThe Power of “Love” in PoliticsThe New YorkerA year ahead of the fiftieth anniversary of the Summer of Love—when hippies in Haight-Ashbury proposed love as a potent countercultural force—love is once again being invoked as an appropriate locus of political action. This time around, however ...
- Championing Optimism, Obama Hails Clinton as His Political Heir - New York Times July 28, 2016New York TimesChampioning Optimism, Obama Hails Clinton as His Political HeirNew York TimesPHILADELPHIA — President Obama delivered a stirring valedictory address at the Democratic convention Wednesday night, hailing Hillary Clinton as his rightful political heir and the party's best hope to protect democracy from “homegrown demagogues ...Your Essential […]
- Looking Backward and Inward: The Politics of Nostalgia and Identity - Huffington Post July 28, 2016Huffington PostLooking Backward and Inward: The Politics of Nostalgia and IdentityHuffington PostAs globalization marches forward, along with seismic demographic shifts in the developed world, the seductive pull to look backward and inward will intensify, with unfortunate consequences for our politics and social order. Indeed, we are already ...
- Column: Will left vs. right become a fight over ethnic politics? - PBS NewsHour July 28, 2016PBS NewsHourColumn: Will left vs. right become a fight over ethnic politics?PBS NewsHourHere were Democratic politicians, elites and delegates, celebrating diversity in all of its colors and persuasions. I can imagine the emphasis on inclusion seeming, to some, self-satisfied, even condescending, as if we were reminding “angry whites ...and more »
- An Updated History of Lapel Pin Politics - Observer July 28, 2016ObserverAn Updated History of Lapel Pin PoliticsObserverThe North Carolina GOP's twitter account lambasted Democratic vice presidential hopeful Tim Kaine last night for wearing a lapel pin depicting a flag—of the wrong country. According to the mistaken soul who runs (or ran) the North Carolin GOP twitter ...and more »
- The Power of “Love” in Politics - The New Yorker July 28, 2016
July 2016 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Dwayne on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Immigration Solicitor in Westminister on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Atlanta Cash For Cars on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Jack on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- Dryer Vent Cleaning on Creigh Deeds experiencing a failure to communicate?
- Bill Bartmann on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- The Buzz » Blog Archive » Healthcare Reform: Tyranny of the Minority? « the 28th Amendment on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Bill Bartmann on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Ariana Recidoro on The U.S. needs high-speed rail
- Patrick Huynh on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP