- A Beautiful Oath, Sullied by Politics - Wall Street Journal August 4, 2015Wall Street JournalA Beautiful Oath, Sullied by PoliticsWall Street JournalThat said, I couldn't help but notice subtle politics at play. My wife's ceremony took place in Washington, D.C. One of the speakers, in a powerful nod from the Obama administration to these new voters, was Jason Furman, chairman of the White House ...
- First Draft | Today in Politics: The Wait Is On for a Debate's Final Top 10 List - New York Times August 5, 2015New York TimesFirst Draft | Today in Politics: The Wait Is On for a Debate's Final Top 10 ListNew York TimesGood Tuesday morning from Washington, where President Obama will celebrate his birthday by continuing to press for the nuclear deal with Iran and where pundits, politicians and pollsters are focused on Thursday's Republican debate. But on Tue […]
- Politics and corruption - The Economist (blog) August 4, 2015The Economist (blog)Politics and corruptionThe Economist (blog)KEN PAXTON, the Republican attorney-general of Texas, campaigned on promises to uphold the state's role as “a beacon of freedom and liberty to the nation”. Less than a year after being sworn into office, he has been indicted by a Texas grand jury on ...and more »
- How Percy Shelley Stirred His Politics Into His Tea Cup - NPR August 5, 2015NPRHow Percy Shelley Stirred His Politics Into His Tea CupNPRBorn 223 years ago on Aug. 4, the great Romantic poet Percy Bysshe Shelley is celebrated for such works as his sublime odes to the skylark and West Wind. But he was also a radical thinker — and his revolutionary politics stormed in his teacup. Slender ...and more »
- What a garbage crisis tells us about Lebanese politics - Washington Post (blog) August 4, 2015What a garbage crisis tells us about Lebanese politicsWashington Post (blog)The stalemate in Lebanon is due largely to political polarization between pro-Hezbollah and anti-Hezbollah factions, a divide that reflects spillover from the Syrian civil war. Hezbollah's hold on Lebanese politics is strong. Despite growing unrest ...and more »
- A Beautiful Oath, Sullied by Politics - Wall Street Journal August 4, 2015
August 2015 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Dwayne on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Immigration Solicitor in Westminister on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Atlanta Cash For Cars on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Jack on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- Dryer Vent Cleaning on Creigh Deeds experiencing a failure to communicate?
- Bill Bartmann on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- The Buzz » Blog Archive » Healthcare Reform: Tyranny of the Minority? « the 28th Amendment on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Bill Bartmann on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Ariana Recidoro on The U.S. needs high-speed rail
- Patrick Huynh on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP