- Politics this week - The Economist May 28, 2015Politics this weekThe EconomistIreland became the first country in the world to legalise gay marriage via the popular vote in a referendum. Voters backed a change to the constitution to extend marriage rights to same-sex couples by 62% to 38%. The measure was carried in all but one ...
- Former speaker indicted for hush money cover-up - CNN May 29, 2015BloombergFormer speaker indicted for hush money cover-upCNNWashington (CNN) Federal officials have indicted former House Speaker Dennis Hastert for lying to the FBI about $3.5 million he agreed to pay to an undisclosed subject to "cover up past misconduct." The indictment was unsealed in the District Court of ...Ex-House Speaker Hastert Indicted fo […]
- N.J. Politics Roundup: Christie disavows Common Core, talks Patriot Act, Israel - NJ.com May 29, 2015NJ.comN.J. Politics Roundup: Christie disavows Common Core, talks Patriot Act, IsraelNJ.comChristie called for a return to the projection of American strength around the globe at awards gala attended by Jewish religious leaders and political donors. Meanwhile, U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.) called for "unwavering" U.S. support of Israel ...and […]
- First Draft | Today in Politics: Immigration Ruling Stymies Obama and Those ... - New York Times May 28, 2015New York TimesFirst Draft | Today in Politics: Immigration Ruling Stymies Obama and Those ...New York TimesThat timing could produce terrible politics for Mr. Obama's executive actions. No matter what the court rules, the executive actions are certain to be fiercely debated by the 2016 candidates. Even at this early stage, they are playing a role: Hilla […]
- In Myanmar, attacking the Rohingya is good politics - Al Jazeera America May 29, 2015Al Jazeera AmericaIn Myanmar, attacking the Rohingya is good politicsAl Jazeera AmericaAs Myanmar continues its 4-year-old experiment with a more democratic system, attacking the Rohingya — and, by extension, the broader Muslim population, which has long been integrated into Myanmar society — is good politics. And that's unlikely to ...and more »
- Politics this week - The Economist May 28, 2015
May 2015 M T W T F S S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Dwayne on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Immigration Solicitor in Westminister on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Atlanta Cash For Cars on Cash for Clunkers extension should be scrapped
- Jack on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- Dryer Vent Cleaning on Creigh Deeds experiencing a failure to communicate?
- Bill Bartmann on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP
- The Buzz » Blog Archive » Healthcare Reform: Tyranny of the Minority? « the 28th Amendment on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Bill Bartmann on Healthcare reform: tyranny of the minority?
- Ariana Recidoro on The U.S. needs high-speed rail
- Patrick Huynh on Prepare for healthcare reform without the GOP